Subject: Re: [Leica] PX625's Again
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 10:59:42 -0600

I called a Canadian dealer who carries PX625 mercury batteries, and he
indicated that he can not send them out to the US because they are illegal
there.  He claims that there is a very stiff fine ($50,000.00 CDN) for
anyone caught sending them across the border.  Unfortunately, they can not
be bought by mail order for anyone in the US.  Sorry about that.  I guess
the next time you happen to be visiting Niagara Falls, cross over the
border and pick up a few along with some really good beer.

At 10:33 AM 28/06/98 -0500, you wrote:
>George,
>I'm sure you would be doing many of us a big favor if you could check and
post
>your reply to the LUG.
>Thanks,
>Bud
>George Huczek wrote:
>> >Does anyone know if Canadian camera dealers will ship PX625 1.35V
>> >mercury batteries to customers in the U.S.?
>> >Bud
>> I could find out for you next week, when the stores reopen, if you like.
>> If there is sufficient interest I will post my reply to the LUG, otherwise
>> I'll send it by private email.

- -GH