Subject: Re: [Leica] summilux 70 (oops...meant 75)
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 13:34:52 -0400

One of the LUGgers, Tina Manley has made extensive use of this lens for
pictures of children and swears by it. Many other LUGgers also use it very
successfully. I bought one (Canadian model) a couple of months ago and it
has become a favorite lens.

Leica says that is at its best beyond 10 feet and recommends stopping down
a couple of stops when working closer. I've tried it with and without doing
so and don't see a problem up close.

As far as portraits go, this is a very sharp lens and thus may not be
appropriate for all subjects. For these I use a 90 Elmar (1947) with a
generic soft filter.

Cheers!

kw

>i'm new to this leica thing and i am achieving results that i consider
>priceless. i'd like to take advantage of the trend, yet the costs are such
>that i want to invest carefully.
>
>i'm particularly interested in candid portraits, the focal length suits
>my requirements.
>
>foolish ?
>
>mark

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>