Subject: [Leica] Tom Shea's comparison M6 vs. G2
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:01:18 +0200

Tom,
I just visited your great site at
http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/photo/index.html. It contains really lots of
information as well as impressive pictures.

You have done a good comparison of the M6 and Contax G2. However, one thing
irritates me: You state, that the shutter of the M6 might be off by 1/3 (or
even more?). I never expierienced this myself, though I do lots of slides. All
tests I have seen show the Leica shutter as ultra precise, with a deviation of
less than 10%. Since I have no other sources of information than my own
expierience, the LUG, and test reports I would like to know if you have these
problems regularly?

Best wishes
christoph