Subject: Re: [Leica] Mid-Range R zooms
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:01:09 -0400

Jim,

I fell into a deal last month and got a 35-70/3.5 Vario-Elmar, the older
version. It is EXCELLENT! I know that there is some barrel and pincushion
distortion in all zooms, but in all the photos I have made so far, it is not
evident in the slightest!
If you are flush, I guess the newer aspherical zoom would be the ticket, but
if you are like me, a good used lens will save you money, and I bet dollars
to donuts that it would take a really good eye to tell the difference
between them!
Go for it!
Dan'l
dwpost@msn.com