Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH lenshood (uncontroversial)
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 13:06:22 -0700

- ----------
> From: Jacques Bilinski <jbilin@axionet.com>

. This info may be of some use to someone
> who prefers to keep the lenshood on their lens and use a cover over the
> hood.

Don't get too excited about keeping the rubber cover over the lenshood. I
have the 21 mm Aspherical and 35 mm Summicron Aspherical and neither "cap"
stays on the hood for very long if you have the camera around your neck in
a working situation. Before I "go to work" I now remove the cap and put it
in my pocket. So far I have been lucky and always found the wayward cap
when I discovered it missing. (After a lengthy search on more than one
occasion.) The cap is a great idea for keeping the dust off the lens while
sitting on the shelf -  and nothing more.