Subject: Part II - Re: [Leica] Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 11:17:34 -0700

Another way to answer Erwin's question, which
is mostly focused on M- cameras, may be summed
up in something I call the "camera power" and
"camera power density" values.

Camera power is some (vague) value reflecting
the functionality of the camera lens combo.
Anybody with a M6+35f1.4asph+75f.4
knows that this combo has awesome
"camera power", particularly in low light.
Things like being quiet count in the camera
power value, but only if it matters in your work.
(So I guess there's "sports camera power" and
"church camera power" and they are different.)

Camera power density is another somewhat
vague value reflecting the ratio of camera power
over the size and weight of the gear.

The point of all this?

My M6 gear has tremendous "camera power",
at least for what I use it for.

And it's "camera power density" is breathtaking.

Which implies that the Lecia SLR line may
be in more precarious straights than the rangefinders,
just because the R system doesn't have the stunning
functional density of the M system.

bmw