Subject: [Leica] External finders--how to use?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 12:30:46 +0200

Dear LUGgers,

Let us talk about photography for a change...

I just bought the 24mm Elmarit-M with the Leica finder.

I have a question of how to use the 24mm finder. I am assuming that the
finder shows me (within the framelines) what will be recorded on the
film, so that when composing the picture, I should only need to look
through the accessory finder and just shoot. In other words, I use the
M6 built-in viewfinder only to measure exposure. Once exposure is
determined, I look through the external finder and shoot. Is this
correct?

On a related note, the 24mm finder has an oval frameline all the way
around, and along the top there is a broken line a little below the
unbroken line. I am assuming that this broken line represents the field
of view at close focus, while the bigger unbroken one is at infinity. Is
that right?

TIA.
- --
Nathan Wajsman