Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz V35 Enlarger
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:54:15 -0500

At 08:10 PM 6/20/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 02:25 PM 6/20/98 -0700, Gary Todoroff wrote:
>>Glad to hear the V35 is working, Marc. I love mine, especially the easy to
>>change heads when going between color Ilfochrome and VC B&W.
>
>Why switch heads?  The colour head does it all.

Not nearly as cleanly as the Variocontrast head. It gives you one-dial
numbers for contrast. No messing with CMY combinations. And to a degree,
good exposure consistency. Much better, anyway than with a color head. And
as I understand it, just works better than a color head. I've used both for
black and while VC printing, and there's no contest. Worth every penny.

If you use graded papers, no need for both.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

D)inner not ready:  (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza.