Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz hole puncher
From: Dieter Stoll <dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 21:39:10 +0200

>In Germany there is also a well-known manufacturer/supplier of office supplies
>named "Leitz."  I believe they are headquarterd in Stuttgart.  To the bets of
>my knowledge there is no relationship with the camera/optical company Leitz.
>Mike Swiek
Correct. The name is Leitz, Ernst Leitz. They are still around today. I
used to pass their headquarter on my daily train ride for many years.
Definitely NOT family, these guys.
BTW their best known product is a cardboard two-hole filing folder; while
there are many companies making those the name "Leitz-Ordner" has become a
generic term (like you say xeroxed for photocopied).
- -- Dieter
Dieter Stoll                  D-72127 Kusterdingen, Germany
dstoll@tuebingen.netsurf.de   Home fax: +49-7071-368520