Subject: Re: [Leica] Francescos Lawsuit & Conviction
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 12:56:02 EDT

<< I fully agree with those who say that the LUG should not in any way be
 associated with the Five Senses sight.  >>
I disagree with this position. This group is about Leica cameras their use.
Franceso's business is his business. One does not have to agree with his or
anyone else's ideological position regarding the distribution of
"pornography." That issue has been dealt with over and over again at all
levels from local communities to the Supreme Court.

If one wishes or does not wish to offer photos for distribution on his site
that is their personal concern, not ours. However I do believe that the LUG
"family" should not endorse any site in any manner which would convey some
kind of corporate endorsement or validation by the group.

Censorship and the moral energy behind it are ugly things and we, especially,
as image makers should fight it whenever it appears.

Best regards to all,

Robert M. Figlio, Ph. D
Professor of Sociology
University of California, Riverside