Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #136
From: TonynyX44@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 23:33:50 EDT

If, but for the price, you're interested in a Rollei QZ, perhaps you could
check into ordering it directly from Germany. I found the following camera
store on the web, and they have a new Rollei listed for $1400, which is
cheaper than the $1800 that places like B&H seem to be asking.

I must have some timing...ask about suggestions for a P&S camera and nothing
but LEGAL mumbo-jumbo populates the LUG lately. The Rollei QZ is NICE but if I
wanted to spend that kinda money to SUPPLANT my R8 I'd get an M6. Well anyway
I bought the NON-ZOOM Minilux today, after comparing it to the Contax T2 and a
few others. Even though I liked the viewfinder on the T2 better, I picked up
the Minilux since I have the LEICA bug by now. Shot some rolls of film which I
haven't developed yet. Also took some comparison photos with the R8 just out
of curiosity. So someone cheer me up and tell me I made a good choice. ;-)

Also, Ted's humor aside, I still would like to know if putting a Leica or B&W
UV filter on my lens would DEGRADE the final picture? Local camera store has a
Leica UV filter for $100 -- should I bother?

Tony