Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron Comparisons
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:20:14 -0500

Thank you very much Charlie.  One of my original questions was whether
or not it
was worth giving up the convenience of the RF-Summicron on an M3 for the
improved
optical quality of current Summicrons.  I believe that I'll go ahead a
sell my
RF-Summicron and buy a new lens.  I can always pick up an M body if a
new goggle-less
Summicron proves too much of a hassle on the M3.

I didn't know that the ASPH version had a 39 mm thread.  Thanks for that
bit of Info as well.

Finally, thank you for the offer to compare color transmission of the
various lenses but I don't think it will be necessary.  I'm going to
follow the assumption that all modern Leica lenses (w/the possible
exception of the Noctilux)
have a neutral color rendition.

Thanks to you and to all who have kindly responded to my questions.

Best Regards,

Bud