Subject: Re: [Leica] <FS> & <WTB> sorry, I couldn't do this on Friday
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 19:41:21 EDT

<< I am struggling with the decision to buy the 35 f2.0 ASPH vs the 1.4. I
have
 read that some of you want to sell your pre-ASPH 35 mm for the new 1.4. Any
 feedback from using it. Is it so much better than the 2.0? Is it so much
 larger and does it annoyingly obscure the viewfinder?  >>

The overall optical quality of these two lenses is very close.  One is really
not better than the other.  At 2.0, the 1.4 is a little sharper in the center.
However, the 2.0 has even less curvature of field than the 1.4 and is more
uniform from center to edge.  From 2.8 on I cannot tell a difference.

Tom Shea