Subject: Re: [Leica] PLEASE READ !!!! / Dan & Marvin to LUG
From: "Patrick R. McKee" <info@photonewsnetwork.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:35:31 -0400

Hello Marvin,
As I was reading this morning I noticed a "paper clip" on a message. Is
this not an attachment? No one has said anything. I see them on a regular
basis on some e-mails. Just asking for my own info. I just want to get
smarter. I am trying to be very careful because I do not want anyone to
take offense. Some other new people may also find this good to know.
Pat McKee
prm@photonewsnetwork.com
Minox007@aol.com
1-732-288-0009

- ----------
> From: Leikon35@aol.com
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] PLEASE READ !!!! / Dan & Marvin to LUG
> Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998 1:09 AM
>
>  Yikes!  Bad Advice!  Please do NOT attach photos to your LUG messages.
>  This is a sure way to generate a whole new thread that will finally put
>  that filter/no filter fiasco to sleep.  Many people on the Internet pay
by
>  the minute, and it costs money to download a lengthy JPG.  It is
considered
>  bad form to send binaries (photographs) to mailing lists.  The only
>  acceptable method is to post the URL, or to ask for people to email you
>  privately for the photographs in question.
>  Dan C.
>  <<
>  At 11:04 PM 15-06-98 -0400, Pat McGee wrote:
>  >Hello Ferdinand,
>  >The easiest and quickest way to show your favorite photo to LUGers is
>  >use the HP software and store the photo on your hard drive. Then write
>  >the LUG and send your favorite photos as an attachment to your e-mail
>  >messages to the LUG. You can also get free software on the web under
>  >"thumbnails".
>  >Pat McKee
>  Since Brian did not set up the LUG as part of the WWW, what Dan has
>  written here cannot be overly emphasized as only email can be sent to
>  the LUG w/o causing problems.  Attachments can be sent in private mail
>  or by email to & from users of aol4.0.