Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens tests & Etc. ;-)
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 21:11:14 -0400

David W. Almy,

>>Leica apo Summicron 180 is a glorious piece<<
                            >>of glass<<

I had the unique good fortune to use one for a day;
absolutely brilliant slides with great detail. However,
my budget did not allow a purchase at that time :-(!

   >>matches the Zeiss in optical performance &<<
                   >>& looks better to boot<<

I once took a series of slides, using a Zeiss 100 f2
& Leica apo 100 f2.8, of a Macbeth ColorChecker.
Beautiful colors from both; however, you could clearly
see a difference between the Zeiss & Leica slides.

Put it this way it was like trying to choose between
emeralds & rubies; either system would have been
"better" ;-)!

BTW, fellow Lugnuts, not one mention of a MTF chart.
Whoooops ;-)!

Tom D.