Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens tests & Etc. ;-)
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 18:03:45 -0400

Thomas J. Donovan wrote:

> An amazing lens ( Sept 95 )  was the Zeiss 200 f2 with
> a color profile of: a.) red; 99% b.) green; 100%. c.) blue;
> 100%. Color transmission was described as absolutely
> neutral; & incredible sharpness & contrast.

All,

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Leica Apo Summicron 180
is a glorious piece of glass, in all aspects, and I am sure that it
matches the Zeiss in optical performance, and looks better to boot. I
have one, love it dearly, and wish every one of you had one as well.
Just phenomenal in every regard, particularly wide open.

My two cents.

David W. Almy
Annapolis, Maryland