Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6 user
From: thai pham <phamt@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

- ---Fstop008@aol.com wrote:

> I have seen the light --literally. After having used the Nikon
system for
> years I want to own an excellent manual focus, manual exposure
camera that's
> light weight and very high quality.

I changed from a Nikon system twenty years ago and still could not
find a camera that suits me better than a leica M.  If you ask gizmo
questions, then you missed the point.  To me, the leica body M,
balanced feel is second to none.  No head heavy prism, no mirror
clanking, no obnoxious hi speed motor drive, no ttl flash, no heavy
artillery tele lenses, no annoying warning light, no dead battery in
cold weather.  Just your eye looking throught the bright viewfinder,
accurate range finder and superb 35 and 50 summicrons.  It is still
the best camera for catching "the moment".