Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinders
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 11:18:47 +0200

Martin V. Howard wrote:

>I'm interested in buying a Fed VF for multiple focal lengths
>for use with my M3 (Primarily to get a 35mm VF).
>The seller states that it is "more or less" an IMFIN type,
>but differs in that it resembles a TURNET.
>Since I don't know the SCOOBY-DOO codes for Leica stuff by heart
>(and have no literature (yet) that can help me), can anyone explain?

>In particular, I'd lke to know how large this thing is going to be.
>The seller is abroad, so I cannot check before purchase.

IMFIN (ca 1942) Leitz New York produced universal finder "Imarect",
similar to VIOOH.
VIOOH (1939-1964) Wetzlar universal finder, replaced VIDOM.
VIOOH had two prism in the eye-piece so that the image was
both upright  and right way round. It was taller and not so long
as VIDOM. A parallax adjustment lever was fitted.
Later model had a threaded nose for screwing in the adaptor for 28mm.

VIOOH engraved focal lenghts.(mm)
35/50/73/90/135
35/50/73/90/105/135
35/50/73/90/127/135