Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #123
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 20:47:28 -0400

<It's amazing what we Leicaphiles are willing to endure.  Three years for a
motor drive?  I'll bet Tom Abramson can build one sooner than that!!   How
about it Tom, can you pump the voltage to the existing winder?  :)

Arturo>

In a way this isn't as cut and dried as it sounds. Think about this, no
other camera manufacturer continues to engineer MANUAL advance cameras with
an add on motor. Nikon and Canon haven't done it in 15 years. Compare the
R8 to the F3, and there is no comparison.

I'm no Leica defender. I think their mistake was not integrating the motor
into the body in the first place. But it is interesting that some of the
people who praised them for keeping the manual advance are the people who
don't understand that Leica is forging into uncharted territory by not
inovating.

Tom

Thomas Kachadurian
WEB PAGE: http://members.aol.com/kachaduria