Subject: Re: [Leica] rapidwinder and the little basket - was Weird Misloads...
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 23:18:27 EDT

Dear LUGgers,

As Tom's spokesman while he is on vacation (as deputized by Tom's lovely wife)
the little basket thingie should be transferred from your original base plate
to your Rapidwinder.  It does serve a useful purpose in postioning the film
properly in the camera on the sprockets.  As stated by someone on the LUG, the
idea is once you go Rapidwinder, you don't go back!
Tom does not include these on his Rapidwinder because on principal, he refuses
to pay Leica the outrageous price they charge for the basket.  If anyone wants
to buy an extra, I can check with Leica as to price.  Please contact me if you
want one.

Bill Rosauer