Subject: Re: [Leica] Daylight loader for Leica cassettes....
From: Charles Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 00:13:03 -0500

If it hasn't been mentioned before, I believe that the Watson Model 100
(I have two, each "Made Exclusively For" a different photo supplier)
will also open and close the Leica casettes.  These are the kind of tear
drop shaped bulk loaders.

For those of you with the Leitz historical document CD which recently
became available, you can also check out the genuine Leitz article from
1939 (item 1276.pdf on the CD) - called the Leitz Film Tank, it held 300
feet of bulk film and, obviously, opened and closed the film casettes.
Separate counters for the bulk film remaining and film in the casette.
Price was $66 in 1939 dollars.  Anybody ever seen one of these in the
flesh?  Any idea what one would be worth today?

Cheers,
Kip Babington