Subject: [Leica] 21mm finders--choices
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 14:03:35 -0800

What are the choices for good used finders (I can't see the sense in paying
>$500 for the new Leica ones). What are the benefits, drawbacks of the
types available?

Right now I have the Russian finder for the 20mm Russar. It's quite
serviceable, but

1) I'd like framelines so that I could see outside of the picture field--I
think a slight reduction in image magnification would make composition a
little easier.

2) I'd like a bubble level visible in the finder. I don't think the current
Leica one has this--for the price it should. Am I underestimating the Leica
finder (why so much money?).

- -Charlie
             Charles E. Dunlap
         Earth Sciences Department
          University of California
            Santa Cruz, CA 95064
Tel.: (408) 459-5228    Fax.: (408) 459-3074

         mailto:cdunlap@es.ucsc.edu