Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide dupes.
From: "Michael D. Turner" <mike@lcl-imaging.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 14:59:18 -0700

At 10:21 PM 6/8/1998 -0700, Gary Todoroff, you wrote...
>Anyone have experience with BW slides from negs? Favorite film? Developer?
>I think this could be a great way to show some of that Leica "glow" on the
>big screen in black and white.

I have done this successfully with Tech Pan. To get needed contrast, you do
need to develop to fairly high gamma. For some 4x5 negs of mine which I
printed to B&W transparencies I developed in HC-110, dil. B for four
minutes, a gamma of 1.2 or so. (Negatives are usually developed to a gamma
of .65 or so, just to give you a perspective). For more contrast, develop
for more time; for less, use less time or a higher dilution. I have also
done this with 35mm film. The slides are nice, but if you want a real
thrill, blow some negs up onto 4x5 film. Enjoy!
- -Mike