Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #112
From: TonynyX44@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 20:08:30 EDT

Ted & CO:

Took the R8 back to Tarmarkin today expecting a hassle. NATURALLY the shutter
released FINE when I was there, but they believed me that I had a problem with
the camera. Initially they told me that since I sent in the warranty card I
had to deal with Leica. Seeing that I wasn't happy with that answer one of the
clerks called Stan in CT and explained the problem. Get this...as of TODAY
Leica is starting their rebate program again and Stan told him to take my
camera and give me a NEW one for an additional $400. Which is what I would
have paid initially anyway BUT NOW, after sending in my warranty card, I get
my $400 back through leica's rebate program! ;-)
So I paid the SAME price for a new Leica that I paid for the demo! Sorry for
the long message but just wanted to add myself to Tamarkin's satisfied
customers' list. I'd recommend them to anyone in NYC. Their service and
hospitality is tops.

Tony