Subject: Re: [Leica] Pradovit P150--very nice
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 15:19:45 -0500

Jeff,

>Curious that the Kodak should've given you more curvature when using the
>same lens, so I have to wonder if some of this is a  byproduct of the
>various condensors and heat absorbers in the system?

Yes, I thought that it was very curious - but it happened.  I worked with
the Ektagraph with every kind of slide mount I could work with and none of
them worked very well with either the CF or FF Leica lenses. Both the
RT-300 and the P2002 work quite well with both lenses.  AAMOF, I normally
use the FF supercolorplan with both the plastic and cardboard mounts.  Yes,
I can see some out of focus at the edges but normally not enought to bother
me sufficiently to change lenses!!

>These things get so complicated sometimes, yet my goal is simple: To bring
>"The Imax Experience" home with me in a compact, lightweight package, so I
>can take it with me, too. Love the Hasselblad PCP80 and Pradovit 2002, but
>the words "Boat anchor" come to mind :-) Now to find the same basic
>performance in a lighter-duty setup for smaller rooms.

the closest thing I have seen at a home to the Imax experience was with a
Rollei 2/1.4 projector and 70 x 70 screen.  My Hassy was close to this, the
quality was better, but my screen was only 60 x 60.  Now get two of them
and project on a 60 or 70 and 120 or 140 screen.....   Lets see, I have
about as much chance to do this as I did to build a special room just for
my audio equipment!!  (I used to be al old audio nut and built all my stuff)

The Pradovit is heavier than most 35 projectors but not like the Hasselblad
- - also an 80 slide try for the Hassy cost in the vicinity of about $ 80.00
and I had to glass mount all my slides - about another $ 1.00 or so extra.

Take care,

Dick