Subject: [Leica] Barn Door shade for 50mm DR Summicron?
From: pieter@world.std.com (Pieter Bras)
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 13:01:31 -0400

I've been offered a SOOFM folding hood claimed suitable for use with a
50mm DR Summicron.  I see that this hood was originally conceived for
the collapsible 50mm Summicron.  The seller assures me that this is
absolutely the best-performing hood one could use with the 50 DR;
specifically, that the rectangular outline makes it superior to round
shades.

Well, does anyone have experience with this combination?  I would be
interested to know:

 - how well does this hood suppress flare compared to other hoods?

 - can the hood still be folded up if there is an E39 filter mounted?

 - does the hood interfere with mounting/use of the spectacles, or
   create problems in the close focusing range?

TIA for any help you can provide.

- --
Pieter Bras        pieter@world.std.com