Subject: Re: [Leica] SBOOI? Getting along with IIIf with Summicron
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 01:04:39 EDT

 I have just returned from Tokyo and spent a lot of time browsing in various
cameras stores. Apart from all the usual Leica stuff, there were some gems to
be found. One is a lenshood from Avenon. It looks somewhat like the old ALPA
extension tubes,i.e nicely machined and multiuse. It is a 4 part alloy tube,
nicely knurled on the outside. The first part of the tube (approx 4mm long has
a filterslot in it,for gelfilters no less!!) is screwed into the 39mm front of
a 35/2,50/2 or 90/2,8 Tele-elmarit. You then add rings on to this, 1 ring for
35,2 for 50 and all 3 for 90/2,8. Very smart ( wish I had come up with the
idea!),simple and well made. It was available in chrome or black finish for
Yen 58 00 (around US$42) from Shimizu Camera in Tokyo. He also stocks the neat
rewind crank for the M2 and M3 camera (also at Yen 5800). He also had some
aftermarket Summarit hoods and other stuff. You can reach them by fax
03-3561-5246. Mr Akira Shimizu speaks excellent english by the way. He also
had some real bargains on things like M6HM's and a variety of M-lenses.
Thought the LUG should know!
Tom A