Subject: [Leica] Eric or Someone Wrote:
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 01:27:40 EDT

>  Eric or someone wrote:-----------------------------------------------
With my R8, I
>  can see my aperture in the viewfinder, and the shutter speed, and the
>  exposure in 1/2 stop steps. Plus a whole lot more data. And that data
>  wouldn't be there if the lens wasn't more complex. So there are pluses and
>  minuses to such design trade-offs between the M and R systems that make
>  them both compelling fine instruments to use. So I do. :-)
 Interesting comment Eric in the light of what many LUGgers have written that
 all this data only interferes with the taking of a picture.  Personally I am
even
 bothered by the little red LCDs & prefer a clean & uncluttered viewfinder -
but
 that's what make horse racing. --------------------------   Marvin (Stallion)
Moss