Subject: [Leica] Serial Numbers by Batch #
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 22:54:09 EDT

  Leica may have several models in production at the same time, so from
  1925 on ---- they have used the batch method ie:
  in June 1939 #s 316101 to 316300 were made in chrome and then
  in Aug. 1939 #s 316301 to 316400 were made in black
  then went on to produce many batches of from 100 to 5,500 that year.

  The Hove Pocket Book & many others list the models by serial number
  and the date manufactured, but sometime in the case of several models
  being made simultaneously, glitches do arise as in the famous case of
  the "Leica Historica - Band 1" which was tediousl compiled by members
  of the German branch of the LHS and is noted for its many errors as are
  other "Copy Cat" lists that have compounded the error.

  Marvin Moss