Subject: [Leica] Focusing Tab on Wide Angles, etc.
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:54:16 -0700

I just bought a new 28mm Elmarit, and to familiarize myself with the lens
on my M6, I moved the focusing tab so it points downward with the motive of
using it as a reference point to facilitate faster focusing.  The scale
reads 4.5 feet.  I never noticed this before but when I remounted my 35mm
Summilux ASPH, the distance is also 4.5 feet with the tab in the same
position.  This is very clever!  Is this a design feature with all current
and past "Tabbed" wide angles?  I am beginning to enjoy this more and more!

Also, I bought an M4-2 recently for price much lower than a comparable M4-P
even though they are practically the same camera, and I am beginning to
notice that the M4-2 in general is the least valued M camera, though it was
produced in relatively low numbers.  Why is this?  There is certainly
nothing wrong with the one I have.  Cheers!