Subject: Re: [Leica] crap guts?
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 15:27:20 +0100

Dan C. wrote:

>Hmm....was it under Passport warranty at the time?   Just gather up the
>pieces......   ;-)

Dan, this particular camera was in and out for servicing so many times it
would have burnt out more passports than you could count.

My threat was, there wouldn't be anything left to use by the time I was
finished beating it to death on their front steps.  The Leica guys thought
I was kidding until we came back from lunch and the media folks were
waiting. :)

Then they took me very seriously about smashing it to little bitty bits.
The tough call on this was....What to do if they didn't replace it and
called my hand forcing me to smash it? :) Just do it and the hell with it!!
:)

At the time it really didn't matter to me whether I smashed it or not, as
the camera had already cost me lost dollars from screwed-up operation
during  assignments. And at the time my economic state was "what the hell
was a couple thousand for a new camera!" If it meant I didn't have to worry
everytime I went on a shoot!

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant