Subject: Re: [Leica] Astia vs E100s
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 11:49:31 -0400

At 11:02 AM 5/31/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Encouraged by the frequent and kind comments on Fuji's Astia,
>I took several pictures of some of my most favorite subjects.
>
>Compared to my favorite color film, E100s, faces showed too
>much pink and purple, a rape field too much red (warm red-yellow
>instead of cold white-green-yellow), and early spring green was
>too cold and missing the yellow component.
>
>Same cameras, same lenses (both, Leica and MF Zeiss), 10 minutes
>difference between Astia and E100s.
>
>Maybe, I need to blame the lab or our daylight here in Germany -
>but, in general, I'm unhappy with Astia's results.
>
>Alf

Alf -

I guess there could be a difference in developing  (I do all of my own E-6
processing), or it could just be a personal preference.  I find the E100s
too blue for my tastes.    Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP

<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>