Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bag Advice Sought
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:41:55 -0600

I like Domke's satchels! But the camera satchel is kind of small for my
tastes, and the larger ones have no velcro inside, so you will need to work
out your own means to keep the inserts in place. I have the model above the
camera satchel, and plan to replace it with the "bureau cheif satchel" soon,
as mine's got a serious case of rot from heavy use and abuse. Plan on being
creative here with your inserts, and expect to need to customize some. The
deep-and-narrow configuration isn't for everyone, either. But...I'd regard
it as a 4-season bag, and the amount of camera and non-camera stuff it can
haul is really astonishing.

Biases: I prefer multipurpose bags offering high density storage, over
large, specialized bags which might be handier, but less versatile, and more
obviously containing cameras. Billingham has some very nice bags which
really could stand to have a bit of velcro to hold down the covers in a
hurry, as an alternative to the leather hold downs.

Jeff