Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:25:56 +0100

Howdy folks,

I guess I've read about as much as I can take from the negative R8 people
that I can handle.  So hear goes and I can handle the incoming! :)

I'll say that "too each his own" as one apple isn't anothers pear or
whatever the hell the saying is.

But some of you are so far off the wall with mickey mouse negative comments
about the R8, quite frankly please go away as you really don't know what
you're talking about.

Comparisons with other manufactures gear as though they were fashion pieces
instead of tools of the trade are rediculous. Who cares whether it's good
looking, ugly or whatever the numerous things that have been put here. Many
sound like the same nonsensical comments from two years ago when the
camera hit the market.

"I don't like it; its too this it's to that; it's heavy; it's black; it's
not like an M6; it wont fit my hands; or so many other jerk water comments
it's incredible. Whining like a pack of jackals. And here you are two years
later still whining, while many others are very extremely happy users, so
get a life!

Did you ever consider if "your hands" are too small is that the camara's fault?

I opend the box took the camera in hand and knew immediately it was an
___"exceptional machine"____   A comment I can justify through handling
more cameras than many on the LUG will do in a life time. And I make my
comments  through  working experience and not just a quick, "I had it in my
hands in the camera store!" assesments like many of those doing negative
comments.

When I started looking through the view finder, I really knew I had a
winner Leica in my hands. OK that was easy just standing there playing with
it, but when you take it out and start "working with it" not just playing
"happy snaps"   then you can make subjective remarks in the value of the
camera.

Until you do that, save your breath as there are too many ""using them with
great success"" to listen to the negative diatribe of a few camera loosers!

OK I've said my piece as some of you know I do on occaision and I realize
I'll tick a few off! Do you know what? That's their problem, not mine! :)

let 'er fly! :)

ted