Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White
From: McClure <mcclure@udata.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 18:51:13 -0400

Tom,

Your experience sounds similar to mine. I, too, was involved in the
college student newspaper.  As photo editor, I processed many rolls of
Tri-X, usually in the middle of the night before a tight deadline. Those
were the good old days!

Somehow, I drifted from b&w and manual exposure cameras to color and
autofocus (currently have Canon EOS-1/ A-2 and lots of zoom lenses).

Recently I have been shooting mostly black and white (using a fixed 50
1.8 on the Canons) and have re-equipped my darkroom.  An autofocus
camera just doesn't feel right when shooting black and white. It also is
too big and noisy for candids and to carry on a regular basis.  I also
have been using a Voightlander Vito B purchased for $40 and actually
prefer the feel of it in many situations, (though the lense is lacking).

When finances allow, I plan to buy a Leica M and experience b&w as it
was meant to be. (Anyone want to work a trade an EOS-1?)

Rob McClure