Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfettered truth
From: Paul Chefurka <pchefurk@Newbridge.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:33:40 -0400

srlondon@ibm.net wrote:

> If you stand there rifling through your camera bag trying to decide whether
> a 50mm or 75mm lens is better for that shot, chances are you will have missed
> your picture

That's why I gave up using a 24 and a 35 in favour of a 28.  It's a
whole lot
faster to answer the question "Wideangle?" than the question "How wide
an angle?"

> Besides, one of the big arguments for the M system against SLRs is its
> supposed compactness and portability.

Weegee used to say "Ya can't take no pitchas if ya ain't got yer camera
witcha".
I've decided that for the next year, if it can't be shot with a 50, a 90
or a
GR-1 it doesn't need shooting.

Paul