Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M6 Electronic?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:57:51 -0500

At 02:55 PM 5/27/98 +0000, you wrote:

>I think it would be fair to say that the person enquiring about
>an "electronic M6" was interested in whatever M-mount camera
>Leica is is planning to release, whether it is imprinted with the
>letters "M6" or not. And this is pretty close to the end of the
>decade, no?

Maybe the person mean M7 or whatever Leica will call it. But it's not the
end of the decade yet. And Leica has specifically said that they will not
come out with an electronic version of the M6. That's what I was pointing
to. Allowing for something else with the rest of my statement.

There was word at the past Photokina that a CL2 is coming soon, that will
use the M lens line. That might be what is coming, but so far it's only
rumor. As is the one that a newly redesigned Noctilux formula will be
coming soon too.

But an electronic M6? No. I'm trying to be as precise as possible with what
little information is out, and what Leica themselves have said.
- --
=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.