Subject: Re: [Leica] undeserved praise ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 10:39:56 +0200

Alfred,

I agree with your comments on lens tests vs. actual use, and since I have no
personal experience with the 2.0/90, I will defer to your judgement. Incidentally,
Erwin makes that point himself. In his multipage writeup on the Noctilux (in Dutch
only), he writes that most of the magazines that have tested this lens during a few
days on the optical bench etc., completely miss the point because they are not
testing the lens in the kind of picture-taking environment that it is designed for.
His own test was conducted over a 4-month period, as far as I recall, and included
numerous real-world situations.

Nathan