Subject: Re: [Leica] Dust...
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 11:50:00 -0600

Viewfinder cleanliness is worried about entirely too much; there's no way
that you're going to take a Leica outside of it's plastic baggie and NOT
have it pick up a little, if not from the surroundings, then from the
photographer! I tell people that the time a viewfinder of any sort will
remain spotless shall be measured in nanoseconds.

Viewfinder windows? Blow off the worst of it, then wipe away any obnoxious
smudges with a reasonably clean finger. Maybe on it's birthday, you can
break out the tissue and cleaning fluid, but so far, I've never mucked up
anything by this route, but have seen a buddy get scratches in (squeaky
clean) VF windows with overuse of a microfiber cloth. Ouch. Probably the
fact that my stuff's NOT squeaky clean is what saves it :-)

When you take an "Oh yeah, whatever" attitude, NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG WITH
THE CAMERA! Almost. Maybe get someone to chase the dust bunnies out of the
mechanism and give it an oil change from time to time :-)