Subject: Re: [Leica] [Partly Relevant] [More Brackets] The Economical Leica
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 19:27:12 -0600

Not all new technologies are appropriate to enough folks to become a
standard amongst the general population, and digital has some big problems
which keep my non photo-enthusiasm family members from being too interested
as of yet: All they want are nice clear snapshots from a compact and
fuss-free camera, and digital doesn't deliver right now. Call them when
storage media costs $7, holds 40 shots, and can be dropped off at the photo
counter for quickie, non-fading better-than-35mm prints. Maybe they'd like
the option of editing and printing the images themselves, with emphasis on
the word "Option".

Nope, none of them went with APS either--why bother? The film's expensive,
and why should they care of it's added conveniences when auto film loading,
rewinding, and DX encoding make 35mm loading pretty much a no-brainer, too?

I did own a digital camera but found it's limitations frustrating. For now,
I'm looking more towards a hybrid solution (anyone have a Microtek
multiformat film scanner to sell cheap, please email me) and won't be
relying on digital for attempts at Fine Art for awhile. Can't afford to!

Jeff