Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing lag time with Leicas
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 07:46:46 -0500

At 10:23 PM 5/22/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Am I just not up to par on focusing speed yet?  Do I just need more practice
>or am I being too much of a perfectionist to want 3 or 4 out of 5 photos to
>be perfect?  What do the rest of you consider to be acceptable?

When you switch from one system to another, it takes time to get used to
them. And AF can make you lazy (it did me to a certain extent, but since I
used Leicas for over 10 yeras before, it came back to me quickly). So it
could take time to get focusing speed up.

One more tip I didn't put in the private message: with the M6, pick
something on the model that is the same distance as her eye, and focus on
that. Then you don't have to recompose tp shoot. Just focus and shoot. I
can do what you are describing in about three seconds or less, but with
this method, it's as fast as an SLR. You perfect count should go up
dramatically.
- --

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

They don't let my code go into shipping products," Bill Gates said. "They
haven't done that for eight years.