Subject: Re: [Leica] Polariser 13356
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:53:48 +0100

Bill Rosauer

>I have been asked to write a user's report for the next LHSA
>Viewfinder about the 13356 Universal Polarizer.

>I'd like some feedback from all of you who've used one.
>Likes and dislikes, what you would like to see changed, etc.
>I have about a week to write this, so please get back to me ASAP.
>Personally, I wish it could have accomodated 55mm filters.
>And they should make a ring in 43mm for us poor 50/1.4 users.

Bill,

In your PMA'98 Report in Viewfinder Vol.31 Nr 1 page 33.

Maybe you solve the  mystery of why a 49mm adapter (useable
only on the 28/2,8 third verion) and not the 43mm or 55 mm.

snip
The polarizer is supplied in a fitted leather case with
adapter rings for E39 and E46 filter size. An adapter for
E49 size lenses is available separately.
snip

and earlier in the same report: (about the Tri-Elmar)

snip
Filter size is E55, increased from an original design size
of "E49", wich was found to cause vignetting during development.
In fact the cutaway lens shown had this smaller filter size.
snip

BTW the Polarizer and the Tri-Elmar were on the design board
at the same time.
(to late for an increase of the Pol. filter size to 55mm ??)

Lucien