Subject: Re: [Leica] Inflated Price for M6J
From: Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 17:08:33 -0400 (EDT)

On 21-May-98 Jeff Moore wrote:
> At 21 May 1998 14:01:39 EDT, AJSymi <AJSymi@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree.  But you can't blame the collectors, if Leica made enough of them,
>> the price would be comensurate with other M6 models.
>
> Of course.  It's not the collectors I blame in this case.
>
> I'm perfectly happy to ignore special editions with random extra engravings,
> but...
>
>> The M6J, though, was truely different...
>
> Indeed.  Design elements from a high point in the history of industrial
> design, handy tactile feedback when your finger's about to wander in front of
> a window, and modern meter innards.
>
>  -Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>

Maybe a M6K with all the features of the M6J but different engraving, that
*should* keep the collectors *and* users happy
- ---
Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>  ICQ# 11583837
http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/       21-May-9817:07:36
PGP key at: http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/kilemall.asc