Subject: Re: [Leica] 65/3.5 ELMAR
From: Charles Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:56:26 -0500

I bought one of the black ones new in the mid 70s, and used it both on
the helical focusing mount and the bellows.  With the helical mount it
is as convenient as a Visoflex outfit gets (with preset aperture and no
easy TTL metering), and the few times I actually used it as an infinity
lens produced excellent results.  As I recall, the lens itself is very
deeply set in the housing, giving good protection from stray light
without a separate hood.  Afraid I can't give any comparison with the
chrome version, though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kip Babington