Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 questions
From: eric chassignet <eric@akee.rsmas.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

I just recently had the chance to acquire an M3 with a Summicron 5cm f:2.
The first roll I shot turned out to be great and I am really enjoying the
camera. I have a few questions:

- - Do you know of any padded waist bag that would hold the camera and a couple
of lenses?  I am looking for something small and unconspicuous, with an an
easy retrieve of the camera. What do you guys use?

- - Manual for the M3. Being new to the rangefinder realm, I am trying to find
out the corresponding focal length to the frames in the view finder. I seems
that the permanent one in the finder is for the 50 mm, teh two smaller ones,
90 mm and 135 mm. Correct? What about the 35mm? How much do you loose on
the neg?

- - The lens a some small scratches on the front element, otherwise perfect.
In addition to flare, what is the impact of these scratches?

Thanx, Eric