Subject: Re: [Leica] Street Shootin'
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 20:09:28 +0100

Charles wrote:

<<<<All I needed was my Leica.  walked with just the one body and lens. I
swear it redefined the way I see and work. Fantastic shots. The ability to
become invisible. Shooting handheld at 1/8 @ 1.4 was thrilling. My
"snapshot" camera became a way of life. I'm hooked and want more. No
offense, but all this tech talk is not for me. I'd like to hear more
people's shooting experiences. The Leica rangefinder is a way of seeing.
It's kind of freeing, if you know what I mean.>>>>>>>>>

Hi Charles,

Oh man have you got it bad!!!!!! Quickly, take two Leica size battery pills
and a roll of Tmax 400 before you go to bed and call me in the morning for
the final re-covery tables!" :)

Most of us have gone through this metamorphis at some time in our career!
:) It's OK you can babble on all you want as we all know what you are going
through and realize it's such a wonderful feeling of picture taking
discovery that we will robably revelle in your wonderful discriptive words.
:)

Please bear with the techie stuff as you may well learn, that the lenses
you have aren't as great as you think tey are and the new models will make
you look like a king even with a lousy photo. :) Not quite, but the techie
stuff can be interesting on occaision.

The shooting stories come along once in awhile when one of the "shooter
types" has something to pass along from his or her last photo assignment.
And that includes yourself as we all share like family, so please feel free
to regale us with laughter or tears of your last assignment or pleasure
shooting with the Leica.

ted