Subject: Re: [Leica] Discount for LUGers, NO Retailer or distribtor?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:24:08 -0700

At 08:32 PM 5/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Would you really want to to by-pass both the retailer and the distributor to
>save a few bucks? Someone has to offer warranty service. Without the
>distributor, the merchandise would have to go to Solms. I can only imagine
>what the service times would be like with that arrangement!
>
>I think would recommend establishing a relationship at your local Leica
>dealer. They may not be the lowest price but they will be the best value in
>the long run.
>
>Jeff Alford

I have to agree with Jeff. A good working relationship with a knowledgeable
authorized Leica dealer is extremely important. This relationship is
something that, if nurtured with mutual respect, becomes a win win
situation. It cannot be just one way. My relationship with my local dealer
is extremely important to me. I would not jeopardize it under any
circumstances. Especially just to save a few bucks. It's not the cash, it's
the total value. You truly win in the long run.

Jim