Subject: [Leica] Discount for LUGers - not with me
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:14:12 +0200

<< I'll bet that with a group this size, with the
 purchasing power it appears to have and the Leicaolism many of the members
 clearly have, something could be worked out. >>

There are at least 3 reasons, which are so important
to me, that I will not participate in the fantasied
type of deal:

1. As many Europeans I'm not used to buy from catalogues,
and I will not do it in future. I want to touch and feel
a certain piece of equipment, and if it's that, then it's
that an no other. And, I agree to pay for the dealer's
service.

2. I feel it a little cheap to press the dealer of your
trust for a few bucks when you spend several hundreds or
thousands at the same time.

3. Take into account all the M6, R8, and lens complaints
during the last few months - just within the LUG. I think,
no dealer (and specially not the dealer of your trust, or
a LUG or LHSA friend) deserves such a fate.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm