Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 aperture readout with 280APO wide open
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:13:43 +0200

At 11:28 19.05.1998 -0700, Bob De Vries wrote:
>Nils Thorsen returned my call yesterday. He said the problem was a cam
>that was not properly causing the 2.8 readout wide open when mated in
>combination with the R8. He said cams could be adjusted! Maybe??

If the problem is similar to an (my) SL2 indicating
between f 2.0 and f 2.8 when mounted with a 2/90 R
lens, then the problem is evidently very easy to solve.

I don't know how - I just payed DM 25, USD 14, and
had my camera back on the very same day.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm