Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 aperture readout with 280APO wide open
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:46:29 +0100

Bob De Vries wrote:

>I noticed this weekend that the indicated aperture in the viewfinder
>display on the R8 with my 280 APO wide open was f3.4 rather that 2.8.
>The same was true when the 1.4x's converter was attached. There is no
>half-stop between F2.8 and F4 on the lens. Has anyone else had this
>experience?>>>>>>

Hi Bob,

Mine is the same, so I don't see it as a problem, but just one of those
things!:)

When you get an answer from Nils would you please pass it along for other
280 R8 owners.  Many thanks.

It maybe a simple thing like it just doesn't make the connection as it was
never intended to show 2.8. But if you had a ROM contacted lens it might do
it then.

ted